Saturday, March 20, 2010

Manhattan Judge Fighting in Campaign Fraud Case

A Manhattan judge is at the defendant's table today, as jury selection begins in her campaign fraud case.

Testimony is expected to begin as soon as tomorrow.

Surrogate Court Judge Nora Anderson is charged with sneaking $250,000 in illegal contributions into her 2008 primary campaign coffers.

"I will tell you this," Anderson said, when reached on the eve of jury selection yesterday. "These were forms which show who contributed what -- how much to my campaign. The ethical rules forbade me to see those forms," she said.

"I did not see them. I did not sign them. I did not file them. I have no idea what they say. Intent is always an element of a crime -- and the people have to prove intent."

Full Article and Source:
Manhattan Judge Fighting Back in Contribution Fraud Case

3 comments:

Lou said...

When reached on the eve of jury selection, she remained Bold and Arrogant!

Anonymous said...

Crooks love the word "intent." Let's hope "the people" can soon visit this judge in jail.

Anonymous said...

My gut feeling is this judge is gonna lose.