Saturday, August 17, 2013

Nursing Home Reality Blog


A visitor to this blog shared the following comment a few days ago. I think her comment speaks directly to the issue of corporate greed and that leads to both the neglect of nursing home residents as well as mistreatment of nursing staff. A nurse wrote:

"At one time I worked in a nursing home that was so understaffed that I dreaded work every day. I provided care to 24 residents at one time (on a unit with a total of 48 residents).

On my shift there were just two CNAs and two nurses for 48 residents.

One time I was forced to work while having the flu and a 102 degree fever. Management told me that I would be fired if I didn’t report to work and they would demand the state revoke my licence for abandonment. It is really sad what happens in these nursing homes.”

Source:
NursingHomeReality

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how big the nursing home reform movement is these days...

Thelma said...

I wonder how much the operators are giving the legislators.

StandUp said...

And nurses get stuck with tons of paperwork. Patients suffer. Profits increase....

Unknown said...

Your site has been extremely informative and its featured content helps in the process of what is being created on the web. Keep it up. Nurses Time Management App