Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Kidnapping of Richard Maass - Part Two

It has been almost three years since my grandfather, Richard Maass, passed away. I still have nightmares remembering how he suffered; how his body was wracked with pain and how he cried out for help. I will never understand why Anne Recht, the geriatric care manager and Mary Giordano, the guardian with Franchina and Giordano refused to allow him hospice and palliative care. But that is what guardianship is; it gives the rights of an individual away to a total stranger who is then allowed to steal their estate and their personal items, lock them up against their will and then refuse to allow them to die without pain and without dignity. Why? Does this feed their ego? Is it the thirst for power over another human being? Are their egos that big? Are they that desperate for money? I found out the answer the hard way. The answer is yes, all of the above is what drives them to do this, all of the sick reasons for abusing some of our most vulnerable members of society.

While I know I am not to blame for his suffering, I can’t seem to get past the fact that there was something I should have been able to do. When I speak with others whose loved ones were victims of these people, they tell me they feel the same way. They too suffer, wondering what they could have done to save their loved ones from the clutches of these two women and the late Judge Joel Asarch, the person who gave his stamp of approval and signed off on their actions.

Full Article and Source:
Part Two:  The Kidnapping of Richard Maass

See Also:
Richard Maass, NY Victim

12 comments:

StandUp said...

Very sad case and I am so sorry for the grandson.

Mike said...

Grandson you can't live in the past and it doesn't help you to try to understand it. It is beyond your understanding because you are not a bad or greedy person. Use your energy now to help others get through their battles. Be a ear for those who just need to talk. Advocate for change and so on.

B Inberg said...

Do something to save others turning your negative energy into positive actions. This can eat you up and that's what the evil ones expect - do the unexpected it's best for you because nothing will ever change what the evil ones did to an innocent person. I speak from personal experience please remember your Grandfather in a special way by being his voice he is depending on you.

Emma said...

The same perps as in Diane Wilson's Mom's case.

Anonymous said...

im trying my best to move foward. this websight and others are a great help. thank you.

Anonymous said...

yes emma the same evil trio ..

Diane said...

Kevin is working hard to heal himself by telling his story. He believed no one cared and became so physically ill after all was said and done. Once he found that these same people did the same thing to my mother, he started to do research and finally got the courage to tell his story. I do believe he is beginning to heal and plans to tell all of the details and then use what he learned to help others. It takes some people longer than others to let go of the fear. He told me he is now ready to fight....I truly hope he does.

Anonymous said...

You need to continue to fight for justice. Please keep us updated on your battle.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your cousin is a piece of trash.. why were no criminal charges filed against him?

Anonymous said...

I PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. I HOPE THOSE RESPONSIBLE PAY GFOR WHAT THEY DID..

Anonymous said...

I pray that you and the other victims find peace and that justice will come to the criminals who did those evil deeds..

Anonymous said...

did you press criminal charges against the criminals ?