Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tonight on T.S. Radio: Guardianship: Brain Injured are Targets Too

Marti's guest is Tracey Anne Miller:  My brother Mike has been in approximately 13 institutions over the years as Chevron Workman's Compensation insists that Mike be with professionals. None of these institutions (including a community based center) has been professional.

I pulled Mike out of UCP/CLASS of Pittsburgh after 11 years for dehydration, mal-nutrition, social deprivation, neuro-toxicity of the drugs, falls (one resulting in a dropped foot), loss of teeth (never took him to a dentist), many charges that I had intentions of filing criminal charges per the Pennsylvania Department of Protection and Advocacy, who got involved in 2006 to help me get Mike out of this facility.

The Co-Guardian and Attorney, Laurel Hartshorn refused to help me in any way. I fired her as Attorney back in 2006. To my knowledge she has only seen my brother maybe 5 times since 1993 and the last time being 2005 at a meeting about abuse at UCP/CLASS.

I moved Mike to Tree of Life in Richmond, VA with Dr. Nathan Zasler, not knowing that he and Al Condeluci (CEO of UCP/CLASS) were very good friends. I filed three times with the Human Rights 2007, 2011, 2013 in Richmond, VA, and with their Medical Boards 2013.

I have been given restrictions in visits, and now cannot contact my brother unless I contact that Guardian, Laurel Hartshorn who took me off guardianship in 2009 (she got involved 20 days after Chevron offered me a settlement) for supposed misuse of funds. Dr. Zasler has threatened me with a lawsuit. I was rendered homeless and bankrupt throughout my advocacy.

5:00 pm PST … 6:00 pm MST7:00 pm CST 8:00 pm EST

LISTEN LIVE or listen to the archive later

1 comment:

Tracey Anne Miller said...

I wish to thank NASGA and Marti Oakley and all those who are now standing up for reform in our court system in guardianship and to prevent further exploitation of our loved ones and the most vulnerable.

Since taking over guardianship of my brother in 1991, my brother and I have encountered many people in the Traumatic Brain Injury Industry:
Case Managers:
Jane Mattson, Heidi Fawber, Betty Overbey

Facility CEO/Owners:
David Strauss (ReMed)
Mary Lou Busby (UCP/CLASS and ReMed)
Al Condeluci (UCP/CLASS, now CLASS of Pittsburgh)
Nathan Zasler (Tree of Life)
Michael F. Martelli (Tree of Life)
Pat Tiernan (Tree of Life)

Attorneys: Laurel Hartshorn, ESQ (Co-guardian/now Guardian)
Dorothy Petrancosta, ESQ (Guardian Ad Litum and good friends with Laurel Hartshorn)
Brian Scott (Co-guardian of the estate, and recently taken off 23 guardianships for misuse of funds)

Judges:
Kelley Straub
Michael Yeagher

Chevron Corporation Workman's Comp: Phil Millhollon (retired)
Nancy Bircher and their attorney, Theodore Penny

I do not think I have ever encountered a group of people who care not for human life but for their own bank accounts. I have researched the TBI Industry for the past year now and am shocked in all that I have been discovering.

When filing with the Human Rights Advocacy and with the Senior Investigator of Dr. Zasler's medical board, one question came out from both was "with all that you have gone through in your life, we are surprised that there has not been any show of compassion towards you"? A very good question and hopefully we will find out the answer to this soon.