For five legislative sessions we have been presenting senior protection laws to our Arizona lawmakers without any success. Other states have implemented these laws that we have proposed to better protect their elderly residents. Some of the proposed senior protection laws were:
• Require all caregivers of elderly to have background checks.Arizona was once the foremost retirement destination of the United States. More crimes against the elderly and lax senior protection laws has made Arizona less desirable. More than 1.2 million seniors live in Arizona. They and the new residents 65 years old and older need stronger senior protection laws. Arizona leaders need to make Arizona No. 1 as a retirement destination again.
• Stop false advertising of phony assisted living facilities.
• Make senior financial exploitation a felony.
• Allow triple damages for the amount of the senior’s losses.
• Reestablish the Silver Haired Legislature.
• Establish toxic mold laws that protects renters.
• Freeze property taxes for the disabled.
• Regulate Elder Care Referral Agencies.
• Establish the elder deathbed law that prevents wrongful transference of wealth.
• Require all financial advisers to report suspected elder financial fraud.
Please call your state lawmakers and urge them to pass stronger senior protection laws.
Mark and Carol Fairall
Sun City West
Full Article & Source:
LETTER: Laws needed to protect elderly