The courts have assigned guardianship to the OPA to manage the financial accounts and physical care for those who are unable to care for themselves.
* The OPA apparently does not have a clear record of exactly who its “clients” might be.
* Many of the wards do not in fact reside in Jasper County.
* Casavecchia also inherits the underlying problems associated with the Emma France case.
More information on the France case:
Former Ward Files Suit
Undrafted Medical Certificate
France is Released
Mother and Daughter File Suit
An Alleged Kidnapping
* There is also the question of fees charged by the OPA to the estate of patients.
* There are many questions and issues associated with the Jasper County OPA that a state audit might resolve and with little controversy.
* We also look forward to how the courts will resolve accusations of civil misconduct associated with the Emma France case.
Full Article and Source:
In our view: Caring for others
Probate Judge Cannot Hear Case
Class Action Filed