Thursday, Oct 13 at 2:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM PT
This webinar is completely free and registrants will receive a recorded video of the presentation!
As the country’s population ages, the need to recognize and prevent financial exploitation of your older clients and family members increases.
Studies suggest between $1.5- $2.9 billion are stolen each year from older adults. Elder abuse remains a hidden problem with studies indicating only 1 in 44 cases of financial elder abuse is ever reported to authorities.
Join us to LearnAttend this webinar featuring guest speaker Art Mason, LCSW to learn…
- The different types of financial abuse.
- The most frequent perpetrators.
- The most frequent case scenarios.
- How to identify possible cases of financial exploitation.
- The most effective interventions.
- How and who to refer cases of elder financial abuse.
- What to expect in terms of outcomes.
Art Mason, LCSW
Art Mason, LCSW is the Director of Lifespan’s Elder Abuse Prevention Program and has worked in the field for 26+ years.
Art is past president of the National Adult Protective Services Association. He is also a member of the NYS Elder Abuse Coalition and provides trainings across the country to law enforcement, social service professionals and a variety of organizations.
Full Article & Source:
New Webinar: Financial Elder Abuse – Detection, Intervention & Prevention