Tuesday, November 15, 2016

“I Feel Like I’m Not Well-Balanced on the Earth”

A video diary of my dementia.



In 2010, Gerda Saunders learned she had cerebral microvascular disease, a precursor to dementia. A writer and academic, she began to keep a journal of how her diagnosis and the advancing disease altered her life and identity. At 61, with startling clarity and intellectual might, she set out to chronicle her own decline.

In 2014, Slate published an essay by Saunders, “My Dementia,” that captured some of this project and enthralled readers. Now VideoWest, from Utah NPR affiliate KUER, is bringing an arresting new dimension to Saunders’ diary: an ongoing docuseries featuring her and her family as they work through the changes and decisions ahead. Watch the first episode above. Slate will continue to publish this occasional series in the months ahead.

Full Article, Video & Source:
“I Feel Like I’m Not Well-Balanced on the Earth”

1 comment:

Betty said...

I am so sorry for her. Her description sounds spot on.