Monday, June 18, 2012

Linda Kincaid Reports: Wildwood Canyon Villa Director Admits Isolation and Elder Abuse of Resident

Wildwood Canyon Villa in Yucaipa, California isolated 86-year-old resident Jean Swope for fifteen months in 2010 and 2011, according to court records. In September 2011, the court issued a restraining order against unlawful isolation.

Executive Director Lynnette Alvarado returned to her policy of isolation in March 2012. In May 2012, Alvarado was deposed concerning elder abuse at Wildwood.

September 27, 2010: Department of Social Services cited Wildwood for violating Swope’s right to visitation.

September 28, 2010 Tenant Services Notes: "The executive director stated that [Swope’s] family [sister and nieces] are not allowed in the building until further notice."

Full Article and Source:
Wildwood Canyon Villa Director Admits Isolation and Elder Abuse of Resident

7 comments:

Thelma said...

Before hearing the Marti Oakley show last night with guests Linda Kinkaid, Brooke Ann Marks and Chris Murphy, I knew there were serious problems in the elder care facilities in CA. But until last night, I had no idea how sick the CA government is - in permitting such places to operate and doing nothing to protect the vulnerable elderly!

Betty said...

I agree. I knew it was bad but I was shocked at just how bad it is.

StandUp said...

Linda Kincaid is a one woman army. How lucky we are to have her as a fellow NASGA member!

Mary said...

I admire Linda's reporting and her determination very much.

Jason said...

I agree with StandUp, Linda is a one worman army. I also listened to The Truth Squad last night and she did a great job, along with the other two guests. I was floored by what I learned.

helensniece said...

Floored is right. And I've been around for a while. Thanks to Marti for her efforts lining up guests who are educating society, knowledge is power I hope people are paying attention.

Isn't it interesting, curious that the main stream media is basically mum on this? Maybe they are non-believers, can't believe what they are hearing is true or maybe they think each case is an isolated case. I hope they wake up soon and start reporting the news that really matters.

Vicki said...

Good for you, Ms. Kincaid. We need many more like you in this battle.