Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Former Isle of Wight school board chairman being investigated for stealing thousands from elderly woman



Isle of Wight County, Va. – A former Isle of Wight County school board chairman is being investigated for stealing thousands of dollars from an 80-year-old woman.

The victim spoke only to NewsChannel 3 saying the former chairman managed the mobile home park she lived in and left her nearly broke.

Kent Hildebrand
Kent Hildebrand
Kent Hildebrand resigned from his position as school board chairman back in March. According to a search warrant, that’s weeks after 80-year-old Carol Jackson discovered $81,000 missing from her account.

The search warrant shows Hildebrand allegedly used money from Jackson’s account to pay his mortgage and he and his wife’s cellphone bill. Bank records show the transfers and Jackson says Hildebrand didn’t have permission to take the money.

“I am hurt because I have never had anybody do that type of trick and I`ve heard of a lot of tricks in the service. But this one really hurt because I had gotten to know him I thought, for several years. I didn’t know anything about the money for a long time until I finally went to the bank. We spent nine hours at the bank tracking it down,” Jackson says. “It’s a good thing I’m disabled in some way because I would go after him if hadn’t been because I used to be a tomboy.”

Hildebrand did speak to NewsChannel 3 off-camera but declined to comment when asked about the accusations.

As of now, Hildebrand hasn’t been arrested or charged, but court documents show he is being investigated.

Full Article & Source:
Former Isle of Wight school board chairman being investigated for stealing thousands from elderly woman

2 comments:

Damian said...

Fine example he's setting for his community and children!

Betty said...

I agree, Damian, thanks for saying it.