Thursday, December 27, 2018

Guardianship in Pennsylvania

When an adult of any age is deemed incapacitated by a court, a professional or family guardian may be appointed who is responsible for making certain decisions on their behalf. The nature of these decisions can include financial, medical and personal matters the incapacitated person has been determined unable to make for themself.

Pennsylvania’s Guardianship Tracking System (GTS) is a new web-based system for guardians, court staff, Orphans’ Court clerks and judges to file, manage, track and submit reports. The system integrates statewide guardian information, thereby helping to protect Pennsylvania’s most vulnerable citizens while streamlining and improving the guardianship filing process.


(Click to Continue)

Full Article & Source:
Guardianship in Pennsylvania

3 comments:

Laura McLaughlin said...

I have not been able to get any legal help because of my limited resources and my mother is being isolated by the guardian. There appears to be financial exploitation. They put her in a personal care facility with no memory care fully aware of her dementia diagnosis, so that clearly has substandard care. Because of my reports to Adult Protective Services, Area Dept of Aging and Human Services, They claim my visits they took me two years to aquire (for no good reason)were taken away (they said I was causing issues)because I questioned her care. They never upheld the Standards of Practice, the Court never gave my Mother due Process, and she is not safe and adequately cared for and the guardians get 85$ to 100$ per hour from her estate. I need help to stop this. Please anyone with resources or ideas respond. Laura McLaughlin lauraann.mclaughlin@yahoo.com

StandUp said...

Is anyone going to review the data for patterns of abuse? If so, who?

NASGA said...

Laura McLaughlin, please contact NASGA @ Info@StopGuardianAbuse.org