Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Best Friends of 78 Years Move into the Same Care Home, "I missed her."

Olive Woodward and Kathleen Saville, both 89, met when they were 11 and bonded instantly over their similar sense of humor.

Now, the friends of more than 78 years are making mischief in a care home.

“We don’t cause any trouble … but we sometimes have to knock the staff into shape,” Saville told British news agency SWNS. “I just raced one of the managers down the hallway for a laugh.”
Saville has resided at Berry Hill Park in Mansfield, England, since 2018, while Woodward moved into the facility last month. The lifelong pals, who are both widows, have rooms on the same floor, which means they are rarely apart.
“When Kathleen moved into the home, I missed her and I used to go and see her every Saturday for lunch,” Woodward explained. “Then I thought, ‘Why don’t I move in too?’ If I’m unhappy or in trouble, I only have to go to Kathleen and we’ll always end up laughing.”

Saville noted that she and her partner in crime enjoy getting dolled up together.

“I’m so glad Olive is here now, we’re like giggling school girls and we still put on our lippy and get dressed up,” Saville gushed. “We always say to each other, ‘If you’ve got it, flaunt it.”

Full Article and Source:
Best Friends of 78 Years Move into the Same Care Home, "I missed her."

No comments: