Thursday, December 24, 2020

Married 65 Years; Their Love Endures Despite Dementia

Harold, 90, and Ruby, 89, have been together for 65 years, and are such a team that they’ve only been apart for two nights. Their first date was a trip to the movies in 1952. “We were at that drive in and I thought she had the prettiest teeth I’d ever seen!” Harold recalls. “And I couldn’t believe they was real!!” Six months later they were married, and their lifetime of love is still going strong.

Unfortunately, Ruby began showing signs of dementia ten years ago, and her memory has declined. She often forgets the identity of those close to her, but she has never forgotten her husband.

“Wonderful, I just can’t find anything wrong with him yet, and you see how long we’ve been married?” Ruby says of Harold. “You suppose I’ll find anything? I don’t know at this point!”

Full Article and Source:
Married 65 Years; Their Love Endures Despite Dementia

1 comment:

StandUp said...

Beautiful and uplifting story. Thank you.