Thursday, July 17, 2008

Guardianship Services

In the case of Loren Stamm, the Court of Appeals reversed and remanded due to the erroneous admission of guardian ad litem testimony. Mr. Stamm was released from guardianship a short time thereafter. He continues to live with his wife in Kenmore, Washington.
Source:
Margaret Dore - Briefs

It is undisputed that GSS submitted a false statement under oath to to obtain the discharge of Mr. Stamm’s attorney. In Kuvara, the attorney who engaged in similar conduct, was disbarred. GSS committed other breaches of duty, many of which are established as a matter of law. GSS’s fees should be disallowed in their entirety. Otherwise, the wrong message will be sent.
Source:
Stamm v. Guardianship Services of Seattle - Reply Brief

In order to send a proper message to GSS and other guardians, GSS’s fees should be disallowed in their entirety and remanded for trial.
Source:
Margaret Dore-Opening Brief

Guardianship Services of Seattle (GSS) has also been mentioned in a news article:
A millionaire's guardian: many hats, many questions

And on a website: Guardian Failure

Ed Gardner, its financial director, and Guardianship Services of Seattle (GSS) are registered with Center for Guardianship Certification and with National Guardianship Association

See also:
Regulating Guardians

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a simular story please view my blog at http://gssabuseofminorstrust.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-stepsons-trust.html

Anonymous said...

GSS took over my trusts against my wishes after it was mismanaged by my brother and my two children and I were homeless for two years. I am not handicapped and after my mother lost a court case against me. They had funds over 250 thousand dollars. I still cannot get them to send regular checks to me to help me parent and have no child support. I have had the lowest income in years. I want them out of my life.

Anonymous said...

Where did the above mentioned website go I just tried to view it?

Anonymous said...

Where did website go?

Anonymous said...

They are criminals they take all the money for themselves and their cronies and do not look out for the best interests of their beneficiaries, my father would roll over in his grave if he saw what was being done with the
Money he meant to leave to help me when he was gone, instead it’s being squandered