Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ex Nun Files Federal Lawsuit After Confrontation for Refusing to Leave a Nursing Home She was Visiting

A 76-year-old former nun says she was roughed up by Columbus Police after refusing to leave a nursing home she was visiting, according to a federal lawsuit she filed. The woman, Elizabeth Bormann, had driven 540 miles to visit a 96-year-old friend at the nursing clinic, but when she got there she found out the man’s legal guardian had removed her from the list of approved guests. She insisted she wouldn’t leave until she could tell her friend herself she was removed from the list.

From the local TV station, ABC6: Police say the removal was a response to a series of scams perpetrated by multiple women that had cost the man more than $500,000.

Investigators do not suspect Bormann of involvement in the scams…

Columbus Police Officer Theodis N. Turner, III was dispatched to the nursing home, where he instructed Bormann to leave the facility.

That, according to Bormann, is when the situation became violent.

"He said to me, 'I've had enough of you,' and he charged into me, basically, and somehow or the other, charged into my side, took my arm. It all happened so fast.

"Before I know it, I was down on my knees and then, of course, I urinated, and I started a little crying, and pretty much I was just stunned.

"I was humiliated. I do believe that I've become a victim. It just was such a surprise and such a shock."

Full Article and Source:
Cop Roughed Up Ex-Nun Visiting Nursing Home, Lawsuit Alleges

11 comments:

Mary said...

Good for you, Elizabeth Bormann. They're bullies and you stood up to them.

TJ said...

If people had the funds and the gumption to sue these jerks all over the country, we could bring this to a rapid halt. Well done, Ms. Bormann.

StandUp said...

What spunk! It was all so unnecesary too. All she wanted to do was go back and tell her friend that she couldn't come back and finish her visit. But nooooooo, they weren't going to allow that!

Betty said...

You're so right, TJ!

Tina said...

Good going Elizabeth! They tackled the wrong person, a person who knows right from wrong a woman with spunk. I wish I could be on the jury IF your case isn't settled to your satisfaction. Give 'em ****!

Hannah said...

They thought she wouldn't fight back and HA, boy were they fooled. I'm impressed!

Julie said...

Betty Bormann was not the victom.. she prays on the olderly and scams them of thier money and assets. In this article if fails to mention that she had a restraining order on her from the man. In this article it fails to mention she moved into his apt. and took all his things, including his Purple Heart. How do I know all this because she tried to do the same thing with my father until us kids did some more research on her and called her bluff. She lost her clinical license in Illinois for having a dual relationship with a client as well as slapping a 3yr old child. Look it up your self. This is the names she goes by: Bettye Bormann, Elizabeth Lechner....Do research people...she is the one who is the bully here... GOOD FOR THE COPS...

Longdaysshortyears said...

This woman is evil and genuinely psychotic. She has severe issues with control so I am not at all surprised that she wouldn’t be told no by authority.
This woman shredded my family so I am quite familiar with her particular brand of manipulation and cruelty. She is terrifying and abusive. Stay far away and for the love ... don’t cheer her on 😖

Longdaysshortyears said...

Because the resident had a restraining order against her.
Imagine the sort of woman who drives over 500 miles to force her will despite the person at the end of that drive being someone with a restraining order against her.

Longdaysshortyears said...

This woman is evil and genuinely psychotic. She has intense control issues and can not deal with being told no. My family was shredded by this woman’s claws so I’m well aware of her particularly brutal brand of manipulation and calculated cruelty.

Anonymous said...

I searched both and couldn’t find any info to support this. Do you have sources? Thanks.