Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Elder Abuse Judgment

A few weeks ago, the Judge who presided over the heartbreaking elder abuse case of Dorothy Wilson died of what was reported to be a heart attack. While I am almost certain that the stress and knowledge of his own wrongdoing came into play, it is not up to me to disparage him after the fact. However, as was evident when he ruled on this side of the divide, my spiritual perception of how he passed comes across to me quite differently than reported.

Today, the same cast of characters who were intermingled in destroying the final years of Dorothy are still damaging people. Mary Giordano, of Franchina and Giordano in Garden City, New York was the law guardian for Mrs. Wilson. Her attorney, David Smith, also handled elder care cases in the same vile manner that she did. In one case I am aware that there has been the assumption of theft, threats against both children who were vying for their mother’s rights, the callous disregard and pleas from the family for normal visitation and so forth. It is alleged that Mr. Smith was even ludicrous enough to have security prevent this woman’s children from having access to her in the nursing home he stuck her in. Incidentally, this home has the poorest grade of all the nursing facilities in the county. I am sure that this officer of the court thinks he knows who I am referring to, but he should remember that his past might be coming back to haunt him too, as many people like to reach out comfortably to me.

It has been quite some time since I felt compelled to write another article about elder abuse. Today, seemed to be the fitting point as I was reminded of just how sick and greedy the people who perpetrate these horrors are. I was also given a flashback to a conversation I had with Dorothy that reminded me of the depth of depression she was in because Judge Asarch determined her life not worthy enough of being happy. He allowed for Mary Giordano to give her what turned out to be a death sentence by legally or illegally kidnapping her, depending on whether you are abiding by State or Federal statutes.

If I were to turn a blind-eye toward the thievery and corruption like the politicians, lawyers, judges and others who have seats of power have done, than I am condoning the acts of horrible treatment. All human beings can feed the evil side of their conscious, or their loving, protective side. Generally, we are blessed with a society that instinctually lives in the latter zone. In my opinion, it is people such as Mary Giordano, David Smith and their cohorts who think demonizing and demoralizing those who have pure hearts is a good thing. Just as I am able to see checkbooks shrinking and partnerships turning ugly and on the verge of collapse, I can also see patterns where the universe has decided it is time to tip the scales back in favor of loving souls. This means that on some level a sort of karmic energy is set in motion that will level the playing field.

Full Article and Source:
Elder Abuse Judgment

6 comments:

Thelma said...

Is there a special place in Hell for judges who knowingly, willingly and voluntarily violate the law?

Barbara said...

I don't wish anyone harm but at the same time, I do hope the perpetrators of guardianship abuse face their day of judgment.

tvfields said...

A judge (Gersten) in my own case also died shortly after he (and the lawyers for the perps, including Ryna Mehr, David Riggs, Larry Miller, Bob Hunt and Peter Forman) violated the law governing the sequestration of witnesses at trial, so as to prevent me, whom this same judge had recognized as a party to the proceedings (versus just a witness), from participating in the trial concerning the events which took place my father’s final hours, while he was dying of cancer in a Florida hospital, under a Do Not Resuscitate order and on a morphine drip. This constituted "fraud upon the court" in the strictest sense of the legal definition of such fraud. Unfortunately, my complaint of this fraud, along with everything else about the case, went unreported by the court reporting system, which is how I came to I recognize the need to reform the court reporting system ... I encourage anyone who reads this and is not already familiar with the evidence in the case to at least read the sworn testimony of the doctor who started my father on the morphine drip. This testimony begins online at http://home.roadrunner.com/~tvfields/SteinmetzDepo/Frameset001.htm, where it is linked to the other evidence in the case. Meanwhile, realizing that very few people will examine such evidence, I recommend as an alternative that they watch the 3-minute video recorded under somewhat similar circumstances which ABC News presents online at http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8486577 as part of the report which appears online at http://abcnews.go.com/2020/mary-ellens-mansion-elder-abuse/story?id=8976473

Karen said...

This article makes me think of the Gary Harvey case as well, how absolutely smug his guardian is, how they mistreat his wife, how they justify their existence.

B Inberg said...

Beware these snakes have their eyes on you, on me on us. Think you're safe? Protected from the protection industry? Think again.

Finny said...

I agree with everyone here. They'll get theirs for the way they treat the helpless.