Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

Many Mothers won’t be celebrating Mother’s Day this year because they are or were trapped in guardianship….some have died prematurely; some are suffering now; some haven’t been allowed to see their children or friends for months or years … and still others are deliberately hidden away from their family and friends and languish with the horrible feeling that family knows where they are and just doesn't care. Today, we remember them with special honor and respect. We have not forgotten any of them.

3 comments:

Charlie Lyons said...

I miss my mother every day but Mother's Day really drives the reality home.

Anonymous said...

I'm currently going through something like this right now. I allowed two friends to take guardianship of my daughter while I was homeless. Now they are keeping her from me. They wouldn't even allow her to call me on mother's day. Then I was that the "friend" is posting on Facebook that she has such wonderful mother daughter time with MY daughter. Now I have to contact the courts about this. Sigh. Some people are so crooked

NASGA said...

We are sorry to hear this, Anonymous. It sounds like you are in for a fight to get your daughter back. I hope you have evidence that the arrangement was only temporary until you got back on your feet - like a written agreement between you and your former friends.