Friday, August 12, 2022

Report: Wendy Williams Unable to Pay Staff Amid Wells Fargo Legal Battle

Cover Images/DARA KUSHNER

AceShowbiz
- It's been months since Wendy Williams was reportedly locked out of her Wells Fargo account. A new report claims that the former TV host is still banned from accessing her $20M funds, making her unable to pay her own staff.

"Her team has not been paid since these accounts were shut," a source spills to theJasmineBRAND. "Her manager is relatively new, but there are people who have been working for her this entire time and they haven't seen a dime since the accounts were closed either. People have been floating their services to Wendy for months on end now."

It is also said that the former host of "The Wendy Williams Show" "gets money through the financial guardian, but it's not like the level of money Wendy Williams would need to get by in New York City." Another source notes, "Her manager is footing the bill for a lot of her personal upkeep right now." 

Back in January, Wells Fargo freezed Wendy's bank account because the bank was worried she had been subjected to "financial exploitation, dementia, or undue influence." The TV personality denied the claims during her appearance on "Good Morning America" in March, insisting that she's "of sound mind" and well enough to manage her own money.

"Well, you know, when people want control of their accounts, they say anything, including something crazy like that about me," she told T.J. Holmes in the Thursday, March 17 episode of the talk show. "They say that I need somebody to handle my account, and I don't want that."

"I want all my money. I want to see all my money that I've worked hard for my entire life. My entire life," Wendy, who has hired her ex-husband Kevin Hunter's lawyer to settle the case, further stressed, "I don't lie, I don't cheat and I don't steal. I am an honest, hard-working person." She continued, "I want to spend more time with my family and, you know, working out and waiting for the responses to my money situation and Wells Fargo. And they don't like that." 

During her interview, Wendy also assured viewers that she was doing okay. "[My] health is very well, and I've actually had a few appointments. You know, I'm 57 now, and I have the mind and body of a 25-year-old," she pointed out. "I'm very comfortable [with returning to work]. You know, my partners with the show, everybody's ready."  

Full Article & Source:

No comments: