Friday, December 5, 2008

Snakes in Suits

When Psychopaths Go to Work

In popular culture, the image of the psychopath is of someone like Hannibal Lecter or the BTK Killer. But in reality, many psychopaths just want money, power, fame, or simply a nice car. Where do these psychopaths go? Often, it's to the corporate world. In their new book, “Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work,” Paul Babiak, an industrial-organizational psychologist, and Robert Hare, a psychopathy expert, study office psychopaths. The modern, open, more flexible corporate world, in which high risks can equal high profits, attracts them. They may seem like superstars and corporate saviors, but they can alienate other employees and leave companies in shambles. Babiak and Hare were invited on “Today” to discuss their book.





Source:
Snakes in Suits’ unmasks corporate psychos

Preview:
Snakes in Suits By Paul Babiak, Robert D. Hare

See also:
Profile of the Sociopath

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!! Standing ovation and applause to these fellows for writing this book and having the courage to expose this dangerous personality disorder.

Thank you for posting up to date, informative and worthwhile articles. This is a terrific blog very professional with thought provoking articles.

Anonymous said...

The name perfectly describes them! I can't wait to read this book!

Anonymous said...

Finally, to see this in print helps me to restore my faith in mankind.

I always wondered how some people can be so cold and cruel, to be able to injure others and turn away from suffering while feeling no pain or sorrow for the injured person.

I am so grateful to find out I am not one of these sub human people who in my opinion are not like me, they are not human beings, they are cold, calculating, predatory BEASTS who need to be exposed.

I am going to order a stack of this book and give them to people I truly care about as Christmas presents so they can educate themselves, prepare and protect themselves and their loved ones from harm.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this valuable information. I found your newsworthy blog by mistake, an error that ended up being a "gift" to me. After many years of wondering - how? why?, now after reading the information on your blog about sociopaths, I was able to find the missing pieces of the puzzle into my situation which now can be seen clearly leaving no doubt I was up against a force that was foreign, unknown to me until now.