Saturday, October 11, 2014

Linda Kincaid Reports: Elder abuse by Scott Phipps: Victim denied contact with Dr. Beth Losiewicz


Elinor Frerichs (91) is denied nearly all visitation and phone calls. Conservator Scott Phipps of Phisco Fiduciary placed Elinor in Lakeside Park, a locked dementia facility in Oakland, California. Elder rights advocates say they believe Phipps and Lakeside Park conspired to keep Elinor imprisoned and isolated so they can jointly exploit her $5,000,000 estate.

Elinor has not been diagnosed with dementia. When elder rights advocates briefly established contact on September 3 and September 5, 2014, Elinor was alert, oriented, and feisty. A staunch feminist, Elinor spoke of her love for gardening and her wish for a Hillary Clinton presidency. She watches CNN to maintain her mental function while isolated in the the "booby hatch."

Elinor expressed extreme animosity for Phipps and his abusive practices. In a room full of witnesses, including this Examiner, Elinor told Phipps:
You are a bastard. I’ll tell the judge you are a bastard.
Elinor has the right to address the court and ask to have Phipps removed as her conservator. Elinor also has the right to ask the court to terminate the conservatorship. Phipps’ only chance to retain his control over Elinor’s sizable estate is to prevent Elinor having any contact with friends or advocates.

In the month since elder rights advocates spoke with Elinor, Phipps and Lakeside Park enforced absolute isolation. No visitors. No phone calls. Any request to speak with Elinor is denied.

Retired experimental psychologist Dr. Beth Losiewicz asked to visit Elinor. Dr. Losiewicz’s credentials are impressive, but those credentials were not sufficient for Phipps to allow a visit with a lonely woman who longs for companionship.

On Sep 14, 2014 Dr. Loseiwicz wrote:
I understand that I have to ask your permission to visit Elinor. I am hereby asking permission. When would be a good time for me to visit?
Dr. Beth L. Losiewicz
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014, Scott Phipps wrote:
Dr. Losiewicz:
Before I allow anyone who is unknown to Ms. Frerichs to visit I need to know the following:
How do you know Elinor?
Who gave you contact information regarding this case?
I know you will appreciate my questions as they are in the best interest of the Conservatee.
Scott Phipps, MDiv, CLPF, NCG
On Sep 15, 2014, Dr. Losiewicz wrote:
I have been given to understand that Mrs. Frerichs has few visitors because of some difficulty with her family. I am a retired PhD Experimental Psychologist and my chosen volunteer activity during my retirement is visiting people in Nursing Homes and Assisted Living. You can find my credentials by googling me, where you will find evidence of my teaching and research career in Colorado, Louisiana and London, UK. Or you can call U Texas Austin, to verify my PhD in (if I recall correctly) 1992 or 1994.. I can supply other, personal references if you so request. If Mrs. Frerichs is interested, I would also be interested in interviewing her about her life in the early days of Central California.
On Tue, Sep 16, 2014, Phipps wrote:
Dr. Losiewicz:
Given the timing of your request and fitting with the campaign that Linda Kincaid has begun in conjunction with the group Stop Guardianship Abuse, and you have not answered my questions I am going to deny your request to visit Elinor. Ms. Kincaid is a known associate of Kennett Taylor and has been denied visitation with Elinor.
Scott Phipps, MDiv, CLPF, NCG
On Tue, Sep 16, 2014, Dr. Losiewicz wrote:
You certainly make interesting accusations. I have no idea who Kennett Taylor is. I am aware of Ms. Kincaid’s attempt to see that you follow the Federal and California State laws in allowing Mrs. Frerichs visitors at her request. I regret that you will not let me visit Elinor. Do you allow anyone to visit her? Must be awful lonely there for her.

Full Article & Source:
Elder abuse by Scott Phipps: Victim denied contact with Dr. Beth Losiewicz

3 comments:

Thelma said...

Are there any honest lawyers left out there? This is a federal habeas case!

Norma said...

I appreciate everyone's efforts to help this woman.

Paula Fowler-Johnson said...

I am a victim too - and what I can licken these guardianships to greatly is human Trafficking/theft which at least gets well-deserved attention (because its the crooks that are stealing the ward/clients money - not the system