Sunday, January 24, 2016

Tonight on T.S. Radio: Deborah Goodman: NY Judge Should Not Be on the Bench

Join us this evening as we take a look at another judge in New York that has turned his courtroom into chaos as he forgets his own rulings or even what case he is working on. Guess who pays the price for that?

Deborah Goodman has been subject to the bizarre behavior of Judge Victor J. Alfieri Jr., for more than five years with no relief in sight.

“For his own Standards and Goals he repeatedly removed my case from the court calendar causing motions to be submitted in order to restore my case, which caused unnecessary legal expenses. On December 20, 2013 Honorable Judge Alfieri made a final decision to close my case because he did not like that the case was three years old. His only concern was my case bringing attention from those above him. He said, on the record:

“Now without prejudice to either side, I am going to deny that motion. And I’ll tell you why. I’m going to deny it mostly because of a housekeeping detail. The case is three years old, which will bring note of people above me, as I’m only here by virtue of someone’s signature on an order. I’d like to stay. So I’m going to deny the motion to restore it to the calendar; however, I’m going to do that 30 days from today.”

This was just one of numerous rulings issued by a judge who should not be on the bench. Unfortunately, its all too common in probate and family courts across the country.

4:00 pm PST … 5:00 pm MST … 6:00 pm CST … 7:00 pm EST

LISTEN to the show live or listen to the archive later

No comments: