Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beware! Do Not Move to Florida

My mother was and continues to be victimized by the Miami-Dade County Probate/Guardianship Administrative Judge Maria M. Korvick, who forced mother to stay at a nursing home which I had reported to the Elder Abuse Hot Line for Abuse.

One of my complaints was that mother was been kept overly medicated with psychotropic drugs as a mean of restrain and kept isolated in her room, in fact, I reported the nursing home after I found my mother on the floor, blind on one eye- which was the reason she was there to rehab.- with all the lights off, curtains and window blinds closed, radio blasting as to drown my mother's plead for mercy and help.

Judge Maria M. Korvick, sent a group of 3 people which included a layman,to determine if mother was incapacitated, they claimed she was. I say she was drugged and isolated after the traumatizing experience of loosing the sight of one eye being on her 80's and independent all of her life. In addition, I was with mother in her room at the time these people claimed to have been talking to her.

Judge Maria M. Korvick appointed a professional guardian instead of me to look after my mother. Mother lost the sight of her "good" eye, at the above mentioned nursing home, and under the "supervision" of this professional guardian - WHO RECEIVED NO CONSEQUENCE, FOR HER LACK OF ACTION, ON BEHALF OF MY MOTHER'S BEST INTEREST.

Judge Maria M. Korvick also appointed my brother Antonio Torrent Jr. who used to have a law firm and was a practicing attorney, but has been in a psychiatric disability way before mother became involved with the guardianship court; GUARDIAN OF THE PROPERTY, WHICH IS AGAINST THE FLORIDA STATUTES... see Florida Statutes Section 744.309 (3), the same day of the closing on her home- which was sold to pay the guardians and their attorney's,etc.

When everything mother owned was taken from her, while forced to stay at a nursing home, (not understanding why she HAD to stay there and asking why did the Judge Ordered that she stay there if she had done nothing wrong, and begging to be taken home ) my brother recommended that mother's guardianship be given to the Miami-Dade County Guardianship Program, Inc. whose president at the time, was my brother's attorney.

They in turn, filed a document for the record stating that mother was "an indigent."

During mother's guardianship under this agency, and after a year or so of pleading with the caseworker assigned to my mother by the above mentioned program and to Judge Maria M. Korvick to take my mother to a doctor to check on a bleeding and painful growth on her face, mother was taken to a dermatologist who found that it was a cancerous growth. Again, there were NO CONSEQUENCES FOR THE CASE WORKER OR THE MIAMI-DADE GUARDIANSHIP PROGRAM, INC.

Shortly after,and after numerous years of requesting to be appointed my mother's guardian, I was appointed Guardian of the Person! Mother was severely abused at 3 different nursing homes where the guardian had placed her. She was so badly abused, that she suffers terrible nightmares and torturous thoughts in the darkness of her blindness during the day. Mother has been diagnose with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

As far as my brother? Well, he tried to resign as Guardian 2 times, which were not granted by Judge Maria M. Korvick, he is still Guardian of the Property which no longer exist. And of course, continues to be in an active psychiatric Disability.

I DEMAND. AN INVESTIGATION ON MY MOTHER'S CASE. AND ALL GUILTY PARTIES OF ANY WRONG DOING PUNISHED ! MEANWHILE MY BROTHER CONTINUES TO SHOW ON THE FLORIDA BAR SCREEN AS BEEN 'ACTIVE' ALTHOUGH I DID MAKE THEM AWARE OF HIS PSYCHIATRIC DISABILITY WHICH HE FAILED TO REPORT TO THEM, AMONG OTHER IRREGULARITIES ON HIS PART REGARDING THE ABOVE SITUATION. NO ACTION WAS TAKEN AGAINST HIM BY THE BAR ASSOCIATION EITHER.

Judge Maria M. Korvick continues to issue Orders against me, for anything she deems she is entitled to do. BEWARE, DO NOT MOVE TO FLORIDA, IT IS DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH AND WEALTH!

This is NOT an anonymous complaint to the public or any gov. agency. My name is Maritza Torrent-Viola, from Miami Fl. I will make public any retaliation against me by the above "Honorable" Judge Maria M. Korvick for any statements I have made public.

See also:
Needlessly Suffered

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drugging someone into submission and silence is one of the worst things guardians do.

Judges should heed family's complaints and immediately call for a full investigation of the case.

Sue said...

I am so sorry to read your situation which is appaling, one of many cases nationwide. I hope you are successful in getting justice for you and your mother.

There is a pattern of drugging for reasons that are very clear. If the person, the target is not in a state of confusion, the psychotropic drugs (and other meds combined) will E N S U R E a state of permanent confusion.

It is known that meds are put into the food (soft foods, beware!) if the resident, the target does not co-operate with the drugging and then they are labeled: Combative.

Imagine that - combative, unruly, heck, I would be putting my foot through the walls, yet, here I am drug free and not confused. What would happen to me if I had been forced to ingest mind altering meds?

The damage from drugging, instilling fear, from isolation and other tactics used on these innocent victims is permanent. No different than what happens to people who are held captive or to those in the military who are Prisoners Of War. In your case, your mother was/is a prisoner of the guardianship system - who is next?

You? Me?

Anonymous said...

Forcing your Mom to remain in a nursing home after you had hotlined them shows the judge is uncaring, unhearing, and cold.

I am sorry for what your Mom suffered, and you.

Anonymous said...

My Grandmother always said an older person never wants to get sick in Florida because they treat old folks badly.

You're right, don't move to Florida.

Heck, it may even be too dangerous to visit!

Anonymous said...

The judge in this case should be removed from the bench!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Young children are taught that justice is blind to bias and will treat us all fairly. It's just not true. Whether judge Maria Korvick is biased, uncaring, or just plain incompetent, we don't know.

What we do know is a vulnerable elderly person has suffered needlessly because of the system that claims to be protecting her.

Anonymous said...

I agree about Florida. We live in Florida too. This same thing has just happened to my long time companion. It has devastated both of us, as well as friends and neighbors.
I am so sorry that you and your Mother have suffered so much.

Anonymous said...

Judge Maria Korvick is one of the most cruel and abusive judges I have ever had to deal with, she abuses her power constantly, I demand that she is brought to justice, she should be in jail with the criminals.