Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Two Families Vie For Guardianship

Two families are seeking custody of the newborn authorities are calling Baby Jane Doe, the child stolen from her mother’s womb last month.

The child’s presumed biological father, Roberto C. “Tito’’ Rodriguez, petitioned the court for custody.

Relatives of Darlene Haynes, the woman whose mutilated body was found in her Worcester apartment July 27, are also seeking custody.

Under state law, people seeking custody were not allowed to file a petition until completion of a so-called 72-hour hearing, which marks the third business day since the infant was taken into state custody.

A judge ruled during a closed-door hearing that the child will remain in state custody.

Full Article and Source:
2 families vie for custody of baby girl taken from womb

More information:
2 families seek custody of Worcester newborn

Boyfriend Wants Custody Of Baby Cut From Womb

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The child should remain in state custody until it is determined:

1. Who murdered the mother;
2. Who cut her open and took the child.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Anon. This is a baby - the tug of war won't matter to the child. There is time to figure this all out.

Sue said...

When I heard this incident in the news, I felt my blood draining to my feet - I heard other similiar cases over the past decades. No words to describe the horror of what the victim went through and the trauma to the newborn baby is a tragedy that breaks my heart.

Anonymous said...

It's not often that I think anyone is better off in state custody, but in this case, I do.

Let's find out who's to blame for the mother's death first.