Friday, August 2, 2013

Jenny Hatch's courtroom battle continues



NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) - The custody battle of a woman with Down Syndrome continued in a Newport News court Monday and Tuesday.

The verdict on whether 29-year-old Jenny Hatch will be her own guardian or continue to live under the guardianship of her mother will be revealed Friday.

Hatch has been in and out of courtrooms for months -- her mother is fighting for full guardianship and to keep her in a group home, but Jenny has repeatedly said she wants to live with her friends, couple Kelly Morris and Jim Talbert, who say they will gladly take her in.

Jenny told WAVY.com outside court Monday, "I am coming home. I have had enough. I am coming home today or tomorrow. I have had enough. Thank you all...I want to live at Jim and Kelly's."

Full Article and Source:
Jenny Hatch's courtroom battle continues

2 comments:

Finny said...

She is so brave!

Anonymous said...

I want my freedom too as soon as possible.