Sunday, September 18, 2022

Georgia grandmother talks about finding bag of cash in her KFC drive-thru order


BUTTS COUNTY, Ga. — A Georgia grandmother is revealing why she decided to give back a bag of cash she found in her fast food order.

JoAnn Oliver went to pick up a drive-through sandwich at the KFC on 3rd Street in Jackson on Wednesday. When she got back to work and sat down to enjoy her lunch, she found $543.10 in cash underneath her sandwich.

“That’s my light bill and some,” Oliver told Channel 2′s Tom Jones during Channel 2 Action News at 4:00 on Friday.

Instead of keeping the cash, Oliver called police.

“I started counting it and when I got to $500, I stopped and just put it back in the envelope, closed the envelope put the sandwich back the way I got it and just slid it to the side until the officer got here,” Oliver said.

Oliver’s family could have really used the money. She revealed her husband suffered strokes and is battling cancer. Oliver said they are facing medical bills around $2 million.

“For a second. We thought about going shopping” said Oliver. “I said I should have kept a 20. because I’m sitting on E.”

Police learned a worker accidentally placed the restaurant’s daily deposit into the bag.

“If you don’t do the right thing it’s gonna come back on you,” Oliver said. “I mean It wasn’t mine. I didn’t need to keep it. I’ll get mine in the future.”

KFC refunded the money Oliver paid for her lunch and gave her a free meal.

Full Article & Source:

No comments: