Sunday, March 9, 2014

Arizona: State Launches Investigation After Undercover ABC15 Investigation into Assisted Living Center

State officials have launched an investigation into an assisted care center for disabled and vulnerable adults after ABC15 exposed troubling conditions at the facility.

The Department of Health Services and Adult Protective Services (APS) both confirmed that they are looking into The Lodge at 14th Street, a directed care home for residents with mental illness, physical disabilities, or both. Almost all of the residents are taxpayer funded through Medicaid.

The ABC15 Investigators went undercover at The Lodge and shot or obtained videos and pictures to document the conditions. On Sunday, we aired footage that showed filthy rooms, residents in tattered and dirty clothing, blood- and bug-stained mattresses without sheets or blankets, and evidence of past and current bed bug problems.

Health department inspectors visited The Lodge on Tuesday.

In a statement, APS said they are “aware of the situation and will visit the home” and will work with the health department to “address quality of care issues.”

The state expects to release more information about the investigation in coming weeks.

Full Article and Source:
State launches investigation after undercover ABC15 investigation into assisted living center

See Also:
Arizona:  ABC15 Undercover Investigation:  Filthy Conditions, Bedbugs at Assisted Living Facility

2 comments:

Kay said...

Great news~!

Unknown said...

How about start a investigation against the state fudiciaries office
As the state with holds my money as I have had no food since this last (yes Friday) 5/03/2014 . the state is ignoring the fact I sit without paying my rent, electric , car I insurance I have no, food have my ssi check and my guardian said get in line 1000 people are I front of you ! Meantime I have no money to live!