Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Max Farash Dies

Max M. Farash, a business tycoon in upstate New York whose real estate fortune was once estimated to be worth $500 million, has died at age 95.

Farash owned and managed 5,000 apartment and townhouse units, as well as commercial property and vacant land, in the Rochester region and Florida. He was one of the Rochester's wealthiest and most successful business owners.

Daughter Lynn Farash said her father died Sunday at a nursing home in the suburb of Webster after years of declining health.

Full Article, Video, and Source:
Max Farash Dies

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am both sorry and happy for his passing. I'm sorry, of course, that he's gone and the grief his family will endure. And I'm glad he's out of the misery of being held in a facility and trapped in guardianship.

StandUp said...

By all accounts that I've read, this was a very genenerous man who gave under the radar and without publicity.

I am sorry for his passing and extend condolences to his family.

Steve said...

He had much success in his life and helped others. My sympathies to his family.

Betty said...

He left most of his fortune to charity.

I hope his family can find some peace and the guardianship nightmare can end for them.

Randy said...

I hope his family was able to be with him in his final hours. My heart goes out to them and I will pray for their healing.